|Project number ||4935/1
|Project name ||
Clearing of 11.6 hectares of native vegetation for the purpose of sand extraction, Oldbury
|Project status ||Current
|Proponent(s) ||Hanson Construction Materials Pty Ltd
|Project location ||
LOT 301 ON DIAGRAM 75682, OLDBURY
LOT 300 ON DIAGRAM 75682, OLDBURY
LOT 6 ON DIAGRAM 47557, OLDBURY
|Project bioregion(s) ||Swan Coastal Plain
|Assessment criteria ||(a) it comprises a high level of biological diversity., (b) it comprises the whole or a part of, or is necessary for the maintenance of, a significant habitat for fauna indigenous to Western Australia., (e) it is significant as a remnant of native vegetation in an area that has been extensively cleared.
|Residual impact ||
Loss of up to 11.6 hectares of native vegetation predominately in excellent (Keighery 1994) condition that:
- contains suitable foraging habitat for Carnaby's cockatoo, Baudin's cockatoo and forest red-tailed black cockatoo;
- includes at least 7 potential nesting habitat trees for black cockatoos (trees with a diameter at breast height of 500 millimeters or greater), one of which contain hollows;
- comprises significant habitat for other locally occurring conservation significant fauna species;
- contains high biological diversity and a regionally significant ecological linkage and
- is significant as a remnant in an area that has been extensively cleared (mapped as Heddle vegetation complex Serpentine River which retains approximately 10 per cent of its pre-European extent and Heddle vegetation complex Bassendean - Central and South which retains approximately 26 per cent of its pre-European extent).
|Offset conditions ||
Offsets - conservation covenant
Prior to 8 July 2017, the Permit Holder shall:
(a) give a conservation covenant under section 30B of the Soil and Land Conservation Act 1945 setting aside the covenant area for the protection and management of vegetation in perpetuity; and
(b) provide to the CEO a copy of the executed conservation covenant.
Monetary contributions to a fund maintained for the purpose of establishing or maintaining vegetation (offset)
Prior to undertaking any clearing authorised under this Permit and no later than 7 October 2016, the Permit Holder shall provide documentary evidence to the CEO that funding of $301,410 has been transferred to the Department of Environment Regulation for the purpose of establishing or maintaining native vegetation.
|Statutory process ||EP Act Clearing (Part V)
|Approved project area (ha) ||11.6|